Friday 29 May 2009

Supposed to be beading, but...

I've got all the household chores done (cleaning, washing, shopping, washed cars...) and so the rest of the day is mine. I've had an hour sat in the garden but thought I better have a break from the sun. I have actually been working on beading in that I've, once again, been tweaking the instructions for my next article. Anyway, as usual I've got diverted by the computer so thought I'd write a quick blog.

I've made a second necklace for Beadwork and took the opportunity to check that the instructions made sense - they do to me, so hopefully they will to everyone else! Thankfully, my tester will rework the piece over the next few weeks. The only problem is, she's not keen on Fireline thread (much prefering KO or nymo), but as Swarovski crystals are once again involved she's gonna have to grin and bear it! I'm sure she will. Personally, I find Fireline a godsend - it's thin, flexible and ultra tough stuff, especially where crystals are involved, so if you've not given it a go yet you really should bite the bullet and invest in a reel. There are a few drawbacks with it, however - it's pricey, only comes in smoke and clear (although it can be coloured with permanent felt marker pens) and the tail has an anoying habit of knotting around the working thread.

And this is a picture of Archie, my Scottie, enjoying himself in the garden this morning!

,

1 comment:

  1. Oh Archie is so lovely & looks like he is the King of the Garden! Love seeing him.

    Didn't know you could use magic marker on Fireline. I actually did buy some that was yellow & green, but they were very brittle. But yes! Fireline for crystals. My students don't like it when I make them use it when doing bead embroidery, but I tell them they'd be really unhappy if after all that work, everything breaks. Had it happen once when I was showing a piece to a gallery. BIG RED FACE!
    dot

    ReplyDelete